• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Peru, Schulenberg, et al. Rev. Ed. 2010, Quick Index (1 Viewer)

Jim M.

Member since 2007
Supporter
United States
Hopefully, one day all field guides will have a quick index printed on the inside front or back cover. But until that day arrives, we have to create our own!

I am attaching one that I created in the hope that it will save others from the hours of tedious work these require. Numbers refer to page numbers rather than plate numbers because that is what the authors chose to use in the main index. I have provided a word document, so you can modify to your liking. Though if you are not familiar with working with tables in MS Word, you may have to get up to speed on that if you want to make significant modifications efficiently.

Attachments

• Peru 2d ed quick index FINAL .docx
    21.4 KB · Views: 171
Here's an Excel Trip List I've made to deal with the taxonomic sequence and the issues caused by Schulenberg et al. not using the IOC sequence for the plates. Hope it helps when you do your daily diary. Should be self explanatory.
Ray

Attachments

• Peru Trip List.xlsx
    120.9 KB · Views: 68
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back