• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nashville Warbler's Photo Quiz (1 Viewer)

Nashville Warbler

Mourning Warbler
Welcome to quiz! The amount of points received will increase by 1 point, every time somebody guesses incorrectly. All the birds will be ABA area birds unless otherwise noted.

Feel free to guess on the current quiz photo worth 10 points!

Have fun!!!!!!

Attachments

• Mixed Flock.jpg
    Mixed Flock.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 124
Just based on looking at the birds, I'd agree with PrairieMerlin - I don't see what bird would be the Sanderling - but apparently that isn't correct with or without the Sanderling. Looking at where this collection of birds would occur, I come up with either a) San Diego Bay and the American Oystercatcher is a vagrant or b) the northeastern U.S. coast between Cape Cod and Chesapeake Bay. The godwits look Marbled to me, which is a rare bird on the east coast, but American Oystercatcher is very rare in California. I'll assume this is the east coast, then. I can't find any juvenile terns or anything among the Skimmers, so I'm going to guess this is Cape Cod and in spite of appearances the Godwits aren't Marbled:

Brant, Black Skimmer, Willet, American Oystercatcher, Hudsonian Godwit

On further review, I see that Black Skimmers don't really make it as far as Massachusetts, at least not in the those numbers. So, scratch the Hudsonians-that-look-like-Marbleds theory. I'm back to agreeing with PrairieMerlin's apparently incorrect or incomplete answer.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back