• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hyperlink attachements to Birforum thread (1 Viewer)

Mick Sway

United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how to insert an hyperlink to text on an internet forum response?
I'm running Windows Vista.
Any advice appreciated.
Mick

Hi Mick

I presume you mean like THIS?

First type your post, then find the URL of the web page you want to link to (I do this through another browser tab) and right click into the address bar, selecting copy from the drop down menu.

Return to your post, highlight the word/s you want to use as the link, click on the globe-thingy in the formatting bar, paste the URL into the box that pops up. Click OK.

Should be done.

A point to note, ensure that "http://" doesn't appear twice, delete it, or paste over it.

Practise in a post here if you want to - or by PM to me if you wish.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back