• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi Y'all From Charleston, Sc (1 Viewer)

tikey1949

I Am Reasonably New To Birding And Digiscoping So I Want To Learn As Much As I Can. Iv E Already Picked Up A Lot Of Info Fron You Guys Already. Keep The Talk Going. Thats How We All Learn. Thanks.

tikey,
Welcome to Birdforum. And yes, you'll find plenty of talk here. I've been a member for less than a year but have already learned quite a lot here. And the common birds that you know at home will be quite exotic to some of our other members around the world, so don't be shy in telling us about your bird sightings!

Tikey, here's an official welcome from all the staff at Birdforum! We're delighted you've joined us!

You'll find all you've ever wanted to know (and even more you didn't know you wanted to know!) about digiscoping and every other possible aspect of birding. It's a world-wide community, and people are happy to share what they know with you.

Do browse around and get acquainted -- there's a LOT here! But do enjoy yourself!

Dave B Smith said:
tikey,
Welcome to Birdforum. And yes, you'll find plenty of talk here. I've been a member for less than a year but have already learned quite a lot here. And the common birds that you know at home will be quite exotic to some of our other members around the world, so don't be shy in telling us about your bird sightings!THANKS DAVE. HERE'S ONE YOU I TOOK TODAY THAT PROBABLY DONT SEE TOO OFTEN IN MEXICO. I NAMED HIM AND HIS MATE GEORGE AND LAURA. THEY SHOW FOR MEALWORMS EVERYDAY AND GET RIGHT TESTY IF I DONT HAVE THEM.

Attachments

• WREN3.jpg
    WREN3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 180
Hi Mike and I'm glad you made it here okay. It's good to see you. You just posted a shot of one of my favorite birds. :)

KCFoggin said:
Hi Mike and I'm glad you made it here okay. It's good to see you. You just posted a shot of one of my favorite birds. :)
KC, I GOT MY SIMPLICITY HOOKUP TODAY. I GOT IT TOO LATE TO TRY OUT MUCH. AUDUBON DOING BIRD WALK SAT AT BEAR ISLAND ON S SIDE OF CHAS. I MIGHT TRY OUT THERE. WISH ME LUCK.

Just take your time in getting it set up and you might want to try and line it up with your camera and scope before the weekend. Please don't wait til the day of the bird walk. Even if you have to play hooky tomorrow ;)

KCFoggin said:
Just take your time in getting it set up and you might want to try and line it up with your camera and scope before the weekend. Please don't wait til the day of the bird walk. Even if you have to play hooky tomorrow ;)
I KNOW. IVE ALREADY SET UP. THE LITTLE ALLEN WRENCH SCREW THAT ATTACHES SCOPE WAS TOO SHORT FOR MY SCOPE SO I Had TO GO TO HARDWARE STORE AND GET ONE 1/4" LONGER. I HAD A HECK OF A TIME ADJUSTING THE LITTLE NUT ON THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE CAMERA. ITS NOT A QUICK PROCESS TO GET CAM ON OR TAKE OFF. ANY TIPS? o:)

Well, I leave my adapter in place on the scope at all times and just screw the camera on the short arm when I set up for a session. Are you removing the adapter each time?

Tikey,
Nice photo. And no, we don't have many of your Carolina Wrens in Mexico. They are in the NE part of the country just below Texas. Then we actually have a local endemic here in the Yucatan called a White-browed Wren which is a subspecies of the Carolina. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking!
Thanks,

Welcome,nice to read the thread.Very different part of the world here,we do not get snow here,but to-day we have some !
Mervyn.

headington7 said:
Welcome,nice to read the thread.Very different part of the world here,we do not get snow here,but to-day we have some !
Mervyn.
SORRY ABOUT THE SNOW MERVYN. IT CAN BE A MESS. WE ONLY GET IT ABOUT ONCE EVERY 5 YEARS. COASTAL BREEZES JUST SEEM TO BLOW IT AWAY.. IT WAS A SPRING DAY HERE TODAY. 70 DEGREES FARENHEIT. TOMORROW THE SAME. I AM GOING BIRDING/DIGISCOPING AT A PRESERVE CALLED BEAR ISLAND NEAR CHARLESTON. SUPPOSED T0 BE TUNDRA SWANS, EGRETS, GOLDEN EAGLE. WE'LL SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT.

KCFoggin said:
Well, I leave my adapter in place on the scope at all times and just screw the camera on the short arm when I set up for a session. Are you removing the adapter each time?
STUPID ME. I TOLD YOU I NEEDED TO LOOK AT YOUR SETUP. WE SAW LOTS OF BIRDS TODAY. SAW SOME AWESOME THINGS LIKE 2 BARN OWL CHICKS IN A NEST UNDER BRIDGE (MAY NEVER SEE THAT AGAIN IN LIFETIME). KILLDEER NEST W/EGGS. WE HAD BIG BIRDING GROUP 20+ AND MOST PICS WOULD HAVE BEEN AT GREAT DISTANCE. WINDS WERE VERY HIGH ON OPEN EXPANSE.I TOOK PIC OF BALD EAGLES IN NEST AND BALD EAGLE. PIC WAS 3-400 YDS AWAY. DIDNT TURN OUT WELL. I TOOK SOME PICS. MOST NOT GOOD. I DID GET ONE GOOD PIC OF KILLDEER. I MAY POST ON AVIARY. BEAR ISLAND MAGNIFICENT THO.

Attachments

• KILLDEER2.jpg
    KILLDEER2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 159
tikey1949 said:
STUPID ME. I TOLD YOU I NEEDED TO LOOK AT YOUR SETUP. WE SAW LOTS OF BIRDS TODAY. SAW SOME AWESOME THINGS LIKE 2 BARN OWL CHICKS IN A NEST UNDER BRIDGE (MAY NEVER SEE THAT AGAIN IN LIFETIME). KILLDEER NEST W/EGGS. WE HAD BIG BIRDING GROUP 20+ AND MOST PICS WOULD HAVE BEEN AT GREAT DISTANCE. WINDS WERE VERY HIGH ON OPEN EXPANSE.I TOOK PIC OF BALD EAGLES IN NEST AND BALD EAGLE. PIC WAS 3-400 YDS AWAY. DIDNT TURN OUT WELL. I TOOK SOME PICS. MOST NOT GOOD. I DID GET ONE GOOD PIC OF KILLDEER. I MAY POST ON AVIARY. BEAR ISLAND MAGNIFICENT THO.
LOL Mike. Okay, first off you just have to quit what we call shouting (using all caps) but it definitely makes your point here. :h?:

Do you have another camera that you can take a pic of your digiscoping setup with and email it to me. I seriously doubt it is the actual setup but more so the settings you are using if you are not happy with the shot. Are you staying in the macro zone as I suggested? Tell me what settings you were using and yes the gale winds were a bit rough here today too. Very, very thankful I had my very, very heavy swaro tripod.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back