• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Wiltshire (1 Viewer)

flowerbot

United Kingdom
Hiya good people, I'm a habitual lurker on all forums. I don't usually engage much, as I've had a stroke and either can't get out what I want to say or overshare and have no filter (much like now!) It has left me with multiple issues.

Having just moved to an area where there is a healthy bird population, I wanted to know more, so I started an online ornithology course and my lovely husband got me a spotter scope for my birthday. I am loving both so much, I've gone from being unable to fill my days to not enough time in the day. I would have continued to lurk without signing up, but in my multiple questions to google etc, this forum keeps coming up quite a lot! (Well done everyone)

I thought it might be rude if I just ask questions in future (not that I have any atm) so I thought I'd introduce myself, say hello....and go back to lurking!

I'm attaching my first digiscoping attempt. I'm struggling with phone's and adapters, atm. I have an ancient Samsung, it is a smaller phone but the poxy autofocus will not turn off and the images are a bit meh. I also have a slightly newer (still old in the mobile world) Samsung note. This gives a much cleaner, sharper image without the autofocus issue, but it is so big it keeps falling off!

Anyway, hello (imagine me waving)

Attachments

• 20240302_145918.jpg
    20240302_145918.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi Flowerbot and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Digiscoping can be rather difficult, but great fun all the same. That's a beautiful picture of your Blackbird - I hope we may be able to see more of your images in the Gallery too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome aboaar Flowerbot and enjoy :)

Don't worry about posting any bird questions you may have. We're here to try and help out ;0

Hiya good people, I'm a habitual lurker on all forums. I don't usually engage much, as I've had a stroke and either can't get out what I want to say or overshare and have no filter (much like now!) It has left me with multiple issues.

Having just moved to an area where there is a healthy bird population, I wanted to know more, so I started an online ornithology course and my lovely husband got me a spotter scope for my birthday. I am loving both so much, I've gone from being unable to fill my days to not enough time in the day. I would have continued to lurk without signing up, but in my multiple questions to google etc, this forum keeps coming up quite a lot! (Well done everyone)

I thought it might be rude if I just ask questions in future (not that I have any atm) so I thought I'd introduce myself, say hello....and go back to lurking!

I'm attaching my first digiscoping attempt. I'm struggling with phone's and adapters, atm. I have an ancient Samsung, it is a smaller phone but the poxy autofocus will not turn off and the images are a bit meh. I also have a slightly newer (still old in the mobile world) Samsung note. This gives a much cleaner, sharper image without the autofocus issue, but it is so big it keeps falling off!

Anyway, hello (imagine me waving)
You are most welcome here flowerbot

regards
Merlin

Thank you everyone for saying hello:love: kind of you x
Tis really wet and windy here today, the pigeons are sat low to the twigs and the Chiff chaff and chaffinches are clinging on tightly to the branches and feeders. They are bouncing around so much it's comical. Did you ever place a ruler on the school desk and make it go 'BOooiinngg'? that's what the little birds are reminding me of today, :) so maybe a study day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back