• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dream Birding - get involved (1 Viewer)

the bird

Carpe diem
In the last two weeks I have been able to tick Black and White Warbler and Bluethroat while I have been sleeping.

What have other people ticked while they've been a sleep?

I going to start a new birding list, seems its going to be better than my awake one.

The Bird B :)

I can't remember having any dreams recently and with a one month old baby I could just do with more sleep! not that I mind as he is wonderful, not much time for real birding either at the moment of course!

Gwynn

the bird said:
In the last two weeks I have been able to tick Black and White Warbler and Bluethroat while I have been sleeping.

What have other people ticked while they've been a sleep?

I going to start a new birding list, seems its going to be better than my awake one.

The Bird B :)

For Gods sake get a life

margpuss said:
For Gods sake get a life

Get a sense of humour!

Problem is when you can't remember if you dreamed it or saw it! Spent the best part of this summer i.d.ing and photographing butterflies on my land (first year I've really taken it seriously). Now I remember taking a photo of a Scotch Argus back in June, even remember the exact spot where it was on my land. However, no photo exists and spent ages looking for it, then realised I don't actually remember anything else about the 'day' I photographed this butterfly and usually I remember such things!!! So the conclusion is there has been no Scotch Argus on my land and somehow I managed to dream it! Where's the nearest psychiatrist?!

Recently I dreamt that I got wind of a Cretzschmar's Warbler in Britain and somehow had someone else's mobile on me and was getting crap messages about everything but the bird. Got really stressed out.

The next morning (when awake) I googled Cretzschmar's Warbler and there's no such thing!

I see flocks upon flocks of wonderful cardinals in my sleep all the time!

Good thing too because it's likely to be the ONLY way I see them for a good long time to come yet!

:-C

I remember dreaming about an American robin a couple of years ago. It turned up fairly locally, I read about it on Birdguides, twitched it that day. Cracking views of it, even got some decent photos.
The next afternoon I was fiddling on the computer and went to look at the photos, it was only then that I realised it had been a dream - I was gutted. When the one turned up at Grimsby a few months later I couldn't resist going for it (even though it was further than I'd normally go for a bird)... shame my photos didn't come out as well as they had in my dream!

On my first venture from the UK, into Poland as it happens, I well remember birding from Dawn till dusk, having my dinner then going off to bed and continuing to dream of birds. Can't remember which ones now, but it really did seem that it was 24 hours a day birding. On birding trips in the UK I like to start early and occaisionaly have a quick nap in the afternoon to get my second wind for later in the day and yes I dream of birds. Then of course I feel less inclined to think I have missed anything! ;)

the bird said:

Be warned it might not be that easy - I've dipped at least two Pallas's warblers in my dreams...

now that really is sad.

Recently returned from a trip to Kinmen Island off Fujian,southern China.I went to tick Blue-tailed Bee-eater in the flesh because I must have ticked them at least 20 times in my dreams before the trip.

I dream quite often about birds.

Some are very beautiful, like a bunting with yellow underparts dotted with pink-and-white rings (a bit like dark barn owl) and another bunting with black cap and chestnut breast.

Pity they don't exist in rl. :)

I once dreamt that a Collared Pratincole appeared in the county, the second county record. It inspired me to write an article for the Northants Birds Newsletter summarising Collared, Black & Oriental Pratincoles in the UK. A month later one turned up!

I also dreamt that a friend rolled his car. I could visualise it happening, the colour of the car & the road. Two weeks later his wife turned the car over on the same stretch of road! Spooky or what? :eek!:

Dave J

jurek said:
Please, dream of me getting a huuge sum of money ;)

Sorry, it dosen't work. I've tried it hundreds of times for myself. ;)

I once dreamt I was awake & when I woke up I was. o:)

Dave J

I remember getting Black-headed Bunting a month or so ago, nothing last night though.

So three on the list so far - haven't even had House Sparrow yet - I know they are falling in numbers but I didn't realise it was getting quite this bad.

The Bird :hippy:

The parrots are beautiful in oz.

Just lately though I can't seem to find them in my fieldguides.

Of course its the middle of winter and there is bugger all to see.

bestwishes

raymondjohn

I too have a regular dream of two young birds, they are frolicing around each other.
One was a northern european bird the other a southern european with a slight browning bronze and dark complection.
The other was a lighter complection with light streaks in her plummage.
One was in a bush whilst the other seemed to be sunbathing.

Can anyone identify these birds as its a re-occuring dream as i always end up in a bush bird spotting and then i wake .
Can anyone throw any light on this dream

Free said:
Can anyone identify these birds as its a re-occuring dream as i always end up in a bush bird spotting and then i wake .
Can anyone throw any light on this dream

Ulrika Johnson and Penelope Cruz as a guess!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back