• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesbos: Skala Kallonis (1 Viewer)

Dally

I appreciate late September is not peak season but does anybody know what the birding is like in the area at that time? Any tips will be gratefully received.

I've sent you a PM with some info. I am there late Sep this year, never been in Autumn. Birds are there but need water from what I can gather.

Cheers, Phil

Cloudbirders has a few reports for Lesvos for September. I think that while it's not anywhere near as good as April/May there should still be plenty of birds around in September to keep you happy.

Lovely island to visit anyhow.

This report I found very interesting. Must have visited the island over 20 times now and I still never tire of reading what others have seen/where others have visited etc..

May I just point out that a post on Lesvos Birding recently from someone just back from the island (2017) states that the road which leads from the Sigri road to the Petrified Forest is now completely closed, as is the Petrified Forest site. There is no access at all.

Sandra

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back