• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cyprus - gulling and shooting January / February? (1 Viewer)

Keith/Portland

United Kingdom
Hi. We are thinking of going to Cyprus gulling, to Lady’s Mile and other sites, at the end of this month, for two weeks. Is there likely to be much shooting going on there as I believe it is open season at that time? Also any other tips please? Thank you very much.

Hi. We are thinking of going to Cyprus gulling, to Lady’s Mile and other sites, at the end of this month, for two weeks. Is there likely to be much shooting going on there as I believe it is open season at that time? Also any other tips please? Thank you very much.
The bottom line is that outside of Black Francolin, the introduced Chuckar, Wood Pigeons and Corvids, there is very little for them to shoot at right now, liming and netting aimed at the winter flocks of passerines would be the biggest issue I guess.

Have they started shooting gulls there now???!!!
I think he's asking whether there is much shooting going to be going on generally whilst they go for a trip to look at gulls (presumably id ages, races etc).

I'm sure some gulls have been a target to some degree (as anywhere they indiscriminately shoot things that move), but not like eg Malta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back