• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your last bird of 2016 (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
As the sky is darkening I looked out ny window to see what was to be my last bird I'll see of 2016. My last bird of the year was a Woodpigeon. Last year it was a Redwing. What was yours?

Ooo! That's a good question.
The last bird I saw and took notice of was a kestrel (about an hour ago).
If I was to look out to the back garden right now then, like you, it will be either a pigeon or a collared dove.
So I'm not going to look.
I'm going to leave it at kestrel because that's much more exciting.

Just gone dark here and Marsh Tit was the last bird of the year, if it'd come any later to the feeder it would've needed a head torch!

A Tree Sparrow on the mixed seed feeder for me! Will probably be the first of 2017 too unless a House gets in first!

Chris

It's been snowing all day - no birds did I see. I'll take the last bird I saw yesterday - a Sharp-shinned hawk harrassing the rock pigeons in down town Ottawa. Entertainment while eating lunch.
Happy New Year and Happy Birding in 2017 to BF.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back