• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bluethroat (1 Viewer)

blitzbob

Hi all
just come back from a morning in sandwich bay Kent. a lot of waders. and being a new birdie, to my great joy my first Bluethroat. unfortuantly not a lot more, the birds be out numbered by people with dogs. never mind still a great morning.

bob

Hi Bob,

Can you give me some more info on the Bluethroat please. I know alot of Kent birders that would be interested in seeing it. Was the bird on the Estate?

Cheers

Marc Read

As per what Marc said, please tell us more. Bluethroat is an absolutely sensational find, especially this early in the spring. I'm pretty certain that is the first Bluethroat in the UK this year.....

aythya_hybrid said:
As per what Marc said, please tell us more. Bluethroat is an absolutely sensational find, especially this early in the spring. I'm pretty certain that is the first Bluethroat in the UK this year.....

This is about the right time of year for the White-spotted form to appear (they often turn up before 26th March), but is definitely a good find. The Red-spots appear later on, mainly in May I think.

hi all
we parked in the pegwell nature reserve carpark opp the golf course. my wife and i saw two of these birds about 20 yards along the path from the tea bar. if any one would like any more info i'm happy to talk about it. call me on 01843 599755.

bob

Kite said:
This is about the right time of year for the White-spotted form to appear (they often turn up before 26th March), but is definitely a good find. The Red-spots appear later on, mainly in May I think.

Sure: the ones at Landgaurd last year were 20th, I think. All I meant was that white spots are rarer than red-spots, so any bluethroat around now will be particularly noteworthy (because it will most likely be a white spot). Yes.

Fantastic: just goes to show that it's worth following up other people's reports of rarities!

Very well found Bob, and credit to BirdForum - if this kind of open discussion forum didn't exist, maybe the news wouldn't have ever got out...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back