• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at Bok Tower Sanctuary (1 Viewer)

virgo10

I took a quick trip over there on Friday. Much to my surprise, I was told by an employee that they had several hummers right next to the gift shop. Sure enough, after only waiting a few minutes, a male showed up. Then a female. I watched them for over an hour.

I also got to see a tufted titmouse in the same area for the first time since we moved to Florida. Where I lived in Massachusetts, we saw them all the time. A catbird was there as well using a feeder that was set up.

Wish I had pictures of the hummers to share but the area they were in had low light and there was lots of foliage. The shots I got were a mess. :-C

Bok Tower is a beautiful area. If you're visiting Florida, it's well worth the trip to see the gardens and the wildlife.

Attachments

• boktowerg10-16-10 (450 x 600).jpg
    boktowerg10-16-10 (450 x 600).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back