• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

your fave bird which regularly comes to britain. (1 Viewer)

My fav visitor has to be the Swallow.Travels so many thousands of miles each year,returns to my neighbours outhouse ,produces 2 broods ,then away she goes again,and returns the following Spring.Amazing little birds.

Christine and Mick are close but no cigar. House Martin it is, fabulous birds to have on your home (not that I have now I've moved) or to watch anywhere.

Has to be the Waxwing. It's got everything:

1) Looks - let's face it it's a smart looking bird
2) Habitat - it can turn up anywhere in Britain - basically wherever there are berries - not many birds give you a dinnertime tick in the centre of Leeds
3) It shows well - no skulking from this boy
4) It retains its rarity value - sometimes there will be loads, and sometimes only a few but it never becomes a "look through" bird, but it's still regular enough to give you views
5) Voice - I love the sound of a load of them trilling

perhaps not regular enough but if you dont twitch a bluetail in your area then your not living! Theyre monsters!!!
but bullfinch, hen harrier and all shrikes run it a close second!:t:

Honey Buzzard for me

After almost literally falling over a Honey Buzzard ( perhaps a regular but far from common visitor) in the Lammermuir hills about 5 years ago I've never seen a better bird. And I can spend ages watching swallows flying especially around clusters of buildings, always make me think of spitfire pilots for some reason.

of the common birds it's the kingfisher.

of the rarer regulars it has to be golden oriole, colourful, always keeps you on your toes, and in my opinion have one of the most beautiful calls of all british birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back