• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Giottos MTL 8361B (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I have been 'mulling' over which tripod to get for some time and eventually went for the Giotto
I couldn't afford the Manfrotto/Gitzo range and was going to get the Benro Flexpod (as recommended by anothr bf member).
However a local stockist recommended the above and I'm very pleased with it:-
Very light - 1.75 Kg
Very sturdy with hardly any flex
3 section to 1450mm with column down
Removable rotating column for macro
Each leg will easily adjust to any angle independantly
It cost me about £5.00 more @ £185.00 but with the benefit of dealing with the stockist )which I always like to do if price permits)
Over-all I would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for a new tripod.

Last edited:
I really like the MT9260 tripod, i use it with the 128rc manfrotto. And very nice price too. Not sure how big of a difference it is but it´s a quite new brand here in Sweden and not too famous yet.

There's a review on Giottos and other tripods in Digital Camera Buyer magazine (issue number 83) and the Giottos came out No1 also some good reviews on Superzoom Bridge camera's
Brian

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back