• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Chicago (1 Viewer)

jrtuma

Hello to all,

I have been reading with much interest the discussions and reviews on the binocular forums. In the past I have been the recipient of hand-me-down bins from my parents and relatives (birding family) but never quite had the funds (Grad student) or the time to purchase my own. Based on the many insightful discussions and recommendations I have taken the plunge and purchased a pair of new but discontinued Nikon EII 10x35 (I have a pair of hand-me-down Monarch 8x42s). I will let everyone know what I think of them once I get out and actually do some eagle watching in western Illinois later this week. At any rate, just wanted to say thanks to all for your helpful comments.

cheers,
Julio

Hi Julio,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

Hi Julio and a warm welcome to Bird Forum from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here

D

jrtuma said:
Hello to all,

I have been reading with much interest the discussions and reviews on the binocular forums. In the past I have been the recipient of hand-me-down bins from my parents and relatives (birding family) but never quite had the funds (Grad student) or the time to purchase my own. Based on the many insightful discussions and recommendations I have taken the plunge and purchased a pair of new but discontinued Nikon EII 10x35 (I have a pair of hand-me-down Monarch 8x42s). I will let everyone know what I think of them once I get out and actually do some eagle watching in western Illinois later this week. At any rate, just wanted to say thanks to all for your helpful comments.

cheers,
Julio

Welcome neighbor!

Jaeger near Chicago
(Hoffman Estates)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back