• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lens Repair in Florida (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

My 100-400 mm has started to really act up. It no longer slides in and out smoothly, sometimes sticking, clunks a bit. Generally I can play around with it and get it working again but the situation is obviously not acceptable. I phoned Canon and described the symptoms and they said it should be repairable. We will be leaving for Florida 31 Oct. so there isn't time to get anything done here in Canada (there aren't any local repair centres that I'm aware of). Looking on line, I found the Florida Camera and Binocular Center in Lakeland, Fl. That is about 2 hours from where we live in Florida. I thought that I would rush my lens there ASAP after we arrive in Florida and see how quickly he can fix it. My question here is whether anyone has heard of or dealt with this company? Can anyone recommend a Florida repair shop? I could send the lens to Canon but I've heard a lot of horror stories about how long repairs can take at their centers I thought I might do better at a local shop.
I considered whether to post this on the Local Patch but it is so quiet I decided to try here instead.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back