• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is there someone in the US who repairs binocular eye cups? (1 Viewer)

Jaywalk

United States
I broke the right eye cup of our (approximately 2007, Eagle Optics-branded Raptor PC) Minox BD 8x32 BR binoculars. Is there someone in the US who can and will repair it? I understand Minox Germany is likely to repair it free if I ship it there, but shipping international is somewhat expensive: FedEx ~$140 US, UPS ~$240 US, or the US Post Office ~$75 US.

The eye cup is usable, but it spins completely off when we raise it too high - functional, but irritating. I suppose I could do a quick fix by immobilizing it with electrical tape, but that would mean setting and forgetting for just one of my wife or me.

On the whole, we'd rather get it fixed locally-US, if possible. Has anyone any recommendations?

I’m moving this to the generic binocular forum where you might get better information.

I broke the right eye cup of our (approximately 2007, Eagle Optics-branded Raptor PC) Minox BD 8x32 BR binoculars. Is there someone in the US who can and will repair it? I understand Minox Germany is likely to repair it free if I ship it there, but shipping international is somewhat expensive: FedEx ~$140 US, UPS ~$240 US, or the US Post Office ~$75 US.

The eye cup is usable, but it spins completely off when we raise it too high - functional, but irritating. I suppose I could do a quick fix by immobilizing it with electrical tape, but that would mean setting and forgetting for just one of my wife or me.

On the whole, we'd rather get it fixed locally-US, if possible. Has anyone any recommendations?
Blaser USA in Texas services Minox in the US. They might be able to do the repair for free FYI.

Blaser USA in Texas services Minox in the US.
I called Blaser and made an appointment to drop them off. They will talk to Minox in Germany and consult as to whether to repair them on site or return them to Germany. I'll post when I hear or have them returned.

I have also dealt with Erik at Mountain Optics in Oceanside, California.
Excellent restoration, and he has an inventory of "left-over" parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back