• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

recommended places for woodland/garden/field birds (1 Viewer)

Hiya

I live in north Essex now & I would really like to visit a place where I have some chance of seeing the kind of bird variety I did when I was young (1970's) which was along a river called the mineral line in Watchet in the west country wher I could see up to 40 or so species (including the near by coat)
Anyway I appreciate this is not the 1970's but can anyone recommend places near(ish) me where I can see some of our beautiful birds, I've never seen a Haw finch as an after thought.
Anyway many thanks to anyone who can help, all the best ~S

Whereabouts in Essex are you Pain? It's a big county!

Hanningfield Reservoir Visitors Centre has some lovely woodland walks in addition to the obvious water birds.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back