• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Found a baby bird on my trip (1 Viewer)

I tried finding an appropriate forum for this but there is no such forum named “what to do when u fond a baby bird” so i decided this was appropriate enough since it was a sighting on my trip and im not asking veterinery advice im asking what i should feed a baby bird which i assume people in a bird forum will know about im not sure why ur trying to stop helpful comments when its about saving a bird but i guess you wont care if i dont know anything and it dies? Anyway im thankful for all the people that replied youve been a great help despite people trying to stop you ill try mu best and give updates on the progress hopefully i can succesfully help it until it flied from the “nest”

Welcome to Birdforum Tuna. Laurie you may complain to the moderators about a thread if your not happy with it. I don't agree with you, however and 2 moderators don't seem to agree with you either. You could always just look at other threads if this one is not to your liking.

Tuna, this forum is usually very friendly, especially to new users. Its good that you have got good advice and are saving this ones life. Thank you.

Thank you i know there might be a few bad seeds in every “group” but most have been very friendly and helpful im really glad i found this bird forum

I do not consider myself either a ‘bad seed’ or ‘unfriendly’ but if being constructively critical is seen as being either or both then so be it.....
This section is about identification and not continuous updates on the welfare of a fledgeling that should have been left well alone. Maybe the moderators should have terminated the continued requests for veterinary advice sooner rather than later which would have been kinder imo to the original poster of the question who asked, sorry to bring the thread kicking and screaming back, about the ‘identification’ of the bird:C

Laurie -

I do not consider myself either a ‘bad seed’ or ‘unfriendly’ but if being constructively critical is seen as being either or both then so be it.....
This section is about identification and not continuous updates on the welfare of a fledgeling that should have been left well alone. Maybe the moderators should have terminated the continued requests for veterinary advice sooner rather than later which would have been kinder imo to the original poster of the question who asked, sorry to bring the thread kicking and screaming back, about the ‘identification’ of the bird:C

You need to lighten up. . .. Threads sometimes wander off topic and if it’s a natural progression as here there’s absolutely no harm in it.

Last edited:
At the risk of repeating myself...

This section is about ‘identification’ not bird welfare - something that appears to be lost on some of the contributing individuals.

If i need to ‘lighten up’ maybe i will move to Portland, Oregon where it is all they seem to do all day:-O

On second thoughts it would be cheaper, more enjoyable and certainly more practical to move to Portland, Dorset where i have spent many happy hours birding:t:

Good Birding -

Laurie:t:

It’s just been licensed, not that the West Coast ever needed one.....

I predict a rise in colourful rare bird records:eek!:

Better not drift off-topic but this thread did that nearly a page ago - i wonder how the lil’ critter is doing this morning?

I don’t think I’ve ever met a pothead birder but who knows what the future holds? Never been a partaker myself but again who knows? ;)

It’s just been licensed, not that the West Coast ever needed one.....

I predict a rise in colourful rare bird records:eek!:

Better not drift off-topic but this thread did that nearly a page ago - i wonder how the lil’ critter is doing this morning?

Where is the need for this kind of sarcasm? Who is keeping this thread runing, hmm Laurie?

You do have a point though, this is an ID forum. But if you would have really read from the very beginning you would have understood: Neither was the fledgling taken on purpose nor did the OP post it here in this section but the thread was moved here by one of the admins.

Is it really that hard to ignore a thread if you are not interested? I'm sure you have done that before... Just give it a rest!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back