• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Orange Broadband Win 7 64 bit? (1 Viewer)

BarryH

Is anyone using Orange Broadband with Windows 7 on 64 bit?

I just had my new PC arrive which is set up for Windows 7 on 64 bit. I tried to install the software that came with my Orange Broadband package but all I was was a message showing not possible to use with 64 bit.

I tried contacting Orange which is a nightmare in itself and they basically told me I either needed to buy a router locally that was compatible or upgrade the package I have to get something that will work with 64 bit.

Any advice or help would be most welcome.

That's what I use, Barry.

I didn't install any software to get up and running, I just plugged my new PC into the (Netgear) router that I'd been previously using for my 32 bit Windows box, and I was online.

Is anyone using Orange Broadband with Windows 7 on 64 bit?

I just had my new PC arrive which is set up for Windows 7 on 64 bit. I tried to install the software that came with my Orange Broadband package but all I was was a message showing not possible to use with 64 bit.

I tried contacting Orange which is a nightmare in itself and they basically told me I either needed to buy a router locally that was compatible or upgrade the package I have to get something that will work with 64 bit.

Any advice or help would be most welcome.

You don't need any software as the above mentions just plug in or connect via wireless and go!

Thanks for all the help.

Orange eventually sent me one of the new Netgear routers and I got on line with the aid of a quick call to Orange.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back