• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just how good is the 8x32 Opticron Verano BGA VHD? (Comparisons) (1 Viewer)

I see the Verano's going for $490 US at B & H now ...around $520 at Optics Planet and Optics for Birding....all a two week order. They are $609 on Opticron's site. The Leopold BX-4 PRO GUIDE HD 8X32MM are $579 at Adorama, Optics Force and Amazon. Can't say how good the Leopolds are but I know the Verano's are a great buy.

I have never seen nor held a Leopold gold ring but looking at the specs the Verano is a 'lot' lighter.... and the FOV isn't as great. They have a similar look though.

The current Leopold BX-4 PRO GUIDE HD 8X32MM is closer but still not quite there even in design of where focus wheel is etc. Perhaps the Verano is based upon the platform of the Leopold but I am guessing it is above quality wise over the Leopold BX-4 PRO GUIDE HD 8X32
Of all the binoculars I have ever Handled /Sold …. It’s the Leupold HD Gold Ring 8x32 I wish I had kept. If the Opticron Verano BGA VHD has similar ease of use with its long eye relief and can come close to or actually match Leupold’s life like views Optically, then I would definitely purchase the Opticron Verano BGA VHD 8x32.

The Leupold BX-4 8x32 is very nice! I looked through it last year and was very impressed with resolution (showing fine details). It’s only flaw is some blurry edges and somewhat small area of sharpness (sweet spot) but the center image quality rivals binos at 1k price point IMO. Focuser is very nice too. It’s made in Japan and has an aluminum body. This is one I’d really like to have but I remind myself I don’t need another binocular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back