• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Remote shutter release (1 Viewer)

PeteV

As a newbie to digiscoping, it seems to me that, apart from vignetting, the most important facility for a camera is the ability to trigger the shutter remotely. I have a Sony W7 which takes great pictures but has no remote facility- result, blurry pictures! Which compact digital cameras have this facility, and for those that don't, how do you release the shutter without wobbling the scope/camera? (Self timers are,IMHO, useless. I want to take the picture NOW!)

Pete

Eagle eye optics ( www.eagleeyeuk.com ) do a generic cable release bracket approx £25 including postage.
This is well made and solid, it allows you to use an ordinary cable release to press the shutter button on the camera.
I use it on my Sony P200 and it works great! It comes with a screw to attach it to the tripod socket but I have mine bolted to the stage of the Baeder Digiscoping adapter.

Hope this helps

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back