• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Beefy Falcon, Northumberland Coast. (1 Viewer)

Barred Wobbler

I'm thinking there's a lot of saker in this hedge-hopper. It's fed this morning by the looks of its full crop.

A hunting peregrine that turned up an hour later looked lightweight in comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_2066-800bforum.jpg
    IMG_2066-800bforum.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2073-800bforum.jpg
    IMG_2073-800bforum.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2122-800bforum.jpg
    IMG_2122-800bforum.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2130-800bforum.jpg
    IMG_2130-800bforum.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 257
Pure Saker IMHO and an absolute beauty is too!

The trousers, the pale head and narrow moustache, the beautiful underside colouring - Yeah, I'd call it a pure Saker.

(Been watching Gyrfalcon a tonne and this just doesn't look right except for it's massive bulk. Which would suggest Saker)
Lanner is not in the picture for me because of the lack of barring and doesn't look so beefy when perched

Last edited:
There was a escape Saker type around Filey in October. Because of the light in the face some were suggesting a hybrid Lanner Saker.

Similar experience with Kestrel, Saker and Peregrine all in quick succession and the amazing size differences...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back