• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Testing setup on web server (1 Viewer)

nobby

I am setting up a server to monitor my nestbox cam over the internet if anyone has a few mins to spare could they check this link for me and let me know if it works.
I have tested it from within my network but am not sure which ip address to put on my web site to enable access from the internet.

I am using icatcher video server software through a vigor 2500 router.

http://81.132.200.168:8080/cam.html?2

I will leave the test server online untill 12.00 am gmt.

If the link works you should see live video from the nest box.
Thanks.
Brett

I can view it - but I can't tell if it's live, because there is no action at the moment!! How often does it renew? Or is it like ours, and only changes when movement is detected?

Elizabeth Bigg said:
I can view it - but I can't tell if it's live, because there is no action at the moment!! How often does it renew? Or is it like ours, and only changes when movement is detected?
The image will update upto 25fps depending on bandwidth and number of users but is not activated by movement. I 'm not sure if Video server has this option.

Thanks again everyone for taking time to test this link.
Brett

I saw some action around 10.30am - the bluetit was doing the sort of things our birds do (surprise suprise) and also did a trial "nesting wriggle".

Well there a piece of nesting material in the box, but no birds seen.

Whilst I know it's live action, a time and date display would be nice, certainly for the benefit of members of Bird Forum in different time zones.

Last edited:
Elizabeth Bigg said:
I saw some action around 10.30am - the bluetit was doing the sort of things our birds do (surprise suprise) and also did a trial "nesting wriggle".
Thanks Elizabeth. I have set the upload to around 80% quality so I hope the action was not too jerky.

I have been checking out your site at http://www.biggonline.co.uk/ and like the way you can playback stored video from your video cams.

Brett.

IanF said:
Well there a piece of nesting material in the box, but no birds seen.

Whilst I know it's live action, a time and date display would be nice, certainly for the benefit of members of Bird Forum in different time zones.
I can not see a way of adding this with the software I use (Icatcher wildlife/video console). I have emailed support at Icatcher to see if this is possible-I know you can on Icatcher console . The web page seems to be enbedded in the software.
Perhaps someone on the forum knows how to do it?
Brett

pduxon said:
Not content with worrying about Fluffy I have another box to worry about!!

Pete - you'll be confusing people! Just to explain, Fluffy is the female in our Box 2, who was left as a single parent last year, then had three of her five chicks taken by a great spotted woodpecker. We are fairly sure she is the same bird, as the feather disturbance is so strange. At the moment she is being rather flighty - but if she really is the same bird, she turned out to be a very diligent mother.

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Yes - the bird is all tucked up for the night - do you leave the light on all the time?
No I have a dimmer switch by my PC I wait untill she has one of her brief sleeps then dim the lights slowly untill they are off. In the morning or if I check overnight I do the same again but in reverse.

I must admit the lights don't seem to bother her I suppose if her normal roost was near street lighting it would be light all night.

Brett

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back