• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old record (1 Viewer)

firecrest9

Hi Everyone

I was going through my life list last night and came across an old record of a Black-eared Wheatear that I saw in North Wales on the Great Ormes Head(also know as the "worm") near Llandudno in October 1995. Was this record every accepted? Tony B :)

firecrest9 said:
Hi Everyone

I was going through my life list last night and came across an old record of a Black-eared Wheatear that I saw in North Wales on the Great Ormes Head(also know as the "worm") near Llandudno in October 1995. Was this record every accepted? Tony B :)

Birding World does mention the bird, a female, as being present on 18th-20th. However, it doesn't appear in the BB Rarities Report for 1995 as either accepted or rejected. So, either it was never submitted or it is dealt with in a subsequent rarities report (can't check though because all of my post-1996 BBs are currently away being bound).

martin

I remember the bird involved. I saw it, but not very well. I think it was eventually passed off as a runt Northern wheatear. Someone like Alan Davies from Birdline Wales might be able to confirm this.

James

firecrest9 said:
Hi Everyone

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back