• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mexico City, 26 March 2005 (1 Viewer)

Charlie M

Hi All,

I posted photos of a Red Warbler and a Golden-browed Warbler I took at Desierto de los Leones in the gallery recently and got some very positive feedback (many thanks for that).
Thought those of you who saw the photos (or even those who didn't) might want to have a look at a short day trip report I've just posted: there are a few more photos and a day list, and a few rather cynical comments (anyone who knows me would expect no less!).

It's at - http://www.charliesbirdblog.com/~charlie/MEX26mar05/MEX26mar05.html

It's not an in-depth look at Mexico or Mexico's birds (I was only there 24 hours) but it might help anyone visiting Mexico City with the same time-constraints as me...

Cheers,

Charlie

Great Report

Charlie M said:
Hi All,

I posted photos of a Red Warbler and a Golden-browed Warbler I took at Desierto de los Leones in the gallery recently and got some very positive feedback (many thanks for that).
Thought those of you who saw the photos (or even those who didn't) might want to have a look at a short day trip report I've just posted: there are a few more photos and a day list, and a few rather cynical comments (anyone who knows me would expect no less!).

It's at - http://www.charliesbirdblog.com/~charlie/MEX26mar05/MEX26mar05.html

It's not an in-depth look at Mexico or Mexico's birds (I was only there 24 hours) but it might help anyone visiting Mexico City with the same time-constraints as me...

Cheers,

Charlie
Wonderful pics and it's good to see that my old stomping grounds are still providing sanctuary for some very beautiful birds. It's been 38 years since I last set foot in those mountains.

cheers :clap:

An excellent report, with some great photos. The Red Warbler is one I'm hoping for around Mexico City this August. I hadn't planned to visit Desierto de los Leones originally, but can hopefully check it out; it sounds good.
I really enjoyed the rest of the site as well.

Brad

Really gorgeous pictures, and nicely narrated.
I was near Mexico City last year, at Tepoztlan, and before it got crowded with people on holiday and the coatamundis that love them, the place was teeming with birdlife.
Can you tell me a little about the equipment you used to take such crisp pics?
Thanks,

Bird watching in Tepoztlan, Morelos, Mexico

ivrit said:
Really gorgeous pictures, and nicely narrated.
I was near Mexico City last year, at Tepoztlan, and before it got crowded with people on holiday and the coatamundis that love them, the place was teeming with birdlife.
Can you tell me a little about the equipment you used to take such crisp pics?
Thanks,

Could you kindly give me some insight as to where in the Tepoztlan area you did your bird watching? Were you in town, or outside of town (north, south, east, west, etc)? What did you see in addition to coatimundis? Did you meet any local birding aficionados? I have two vacation rental villas within a ten-minute drive southeast of Tepoztlan. I am an avid photographer (you can see samples of my pictures on my website at www.tepoztlan-vacation-rentals.com.

Great Charlie. I really liked the trip report and photos and then I went on to browse through the rest of your excellent website. Keep it up.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back