• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skylark passage? (1 Viewer)

Cheshire Birder

Did anyone else notice a significant passage of Skylarks overhead today? On my inland patch in Cheshire I had my largest ever day count. Carsington Water in North Derbyshire also noted a good movement.

CB

How many? ;)

Yet to see a single flyover Skylark on my local patch. Hoping for some movement soon. Spring migration should be happening soon (LBB and Common Gulls already moving through).

Did anyone else notice a significant passage of Skylarks overhead today? On my inland patch in Cheshire I had my largest ever day count. Carsington Water in North Derbyshire also noted a good movement.

CB

The Carsington count was on Friday, 24 in total, and interestingly mainly single birds (the largest group was 7) The passage seemed to dry up about 09:30hr

I have been seeing small numbers of Skylarks passing over Leics and Rutland most days since January 29th but I hesitate to call it passage as the directions seem to have been random. On Jan 29th I saw five groups totalling 10 go south then the next two went north, a few went west.........

Steve

I have been seeing small numbers of Skylarks passing over Leics and Rutland most days since January 29th but I hesitate to call it passage as the directions seem to have been random. On Jan 29th I saw five groups totalling 10 go south then the next two went north, a few went west.........

Steve

Hi Steve of our 24 on Friday, 21 were north, 2 east and 1 south.

Dont know if it will add to discussion, but today saw some Skylarks returning to WWT Caerlaverock and starting to sing.

There were birds moving around inland southern South Ayrshire on Thursday after that blast of warm southerly air - one day after the whole area was blanketed in snow and i had an out-of-range Snow Bunting! A bit of singing too. First ones i've had all winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back