• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Peru (1 Viewer)

Birding in Peru is really quite good and there are numerous local individuals and companies which go there. However, from my experience last May/June, do not use Peru Birding Tours from Puerto Maldonado, Peru. Do not trust Peru Birding Tours with your itinerary and absolutely do NOT send them any money. My story with this company is one incredible tale.

Sorry to hear that. I've been to Peru twice before, and on both occasions I employed Steve Sanchez of Peru Birding Expeditions. I can vouch not only for his honesty and integrity but also of course for his incredible birding knowledge. He was picking up birds for me while other tour groups were missing them in the same area !.

So what happened with the tour operator you mentioned ?. Please share your story.

So what happened with the tour operator you mentioned ?. Please share your story.

Yes. I think the details of your story, Creekerman, are more important than the conclusions you draw from your experience; if you provide the info, we can draw our own conclusions. Might also be useful to tell us the extent of your background in dealing with tour companies.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, Steve Sanchez Calle is a great guide and photographer stationed in Cusco. I met him at Amazonia Lodge and have bought some of his photographs. He definitely runs a great company. We still correspond from time to time. An excellent choice for a guide!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back