• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Icterid Alberta (1 Viewer)

Maroon Jay

Airborne
Canada
Some sort of Icterid I believe. But can't find any in my books with a black and red eye. Perhaps a juv?

Attachments

• BB F1cs.jpg
    BB F1cs.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 134
Brewer's Blackbird female for me - I'd call that eye brown, not red, too; that fits OK for Brewer's female 'dark eye' in Sibley

Does look like Brewer's BB except for the eye, which has me puzzled. The Brewer's eye is black in the centre with bright yellow around it. The Dark Eye version has an all-black eye. This one is black in the centre with a pinkish or light red colour around it. Perhaps it is just the way the light shone on it?

The eye looks pale brown on my monitor, which is ok for a female Brewer's Blackbird. Their eyes are usually dark, but can be even lighter than this.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back