• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photographs (1 Viewer)

Dave Kennedy

I have just opened a new page for "African Red-eyed Bulbul". Please tell me how to add the illustration. All my efforts so far have just led to frustration.

Thank you.

Dave Kennedy

I have just opened a new page for "African Red-eyed Bulbul". Please tell me how to add the illustration. All my efforts so far have just led to frustration.

Thank you.

Dave Kennedy

You need to be very careful when adding new pages as many species are also known by an alternate name. I'm no expert on birds of the world so often a bit of research is required to establish whether the species already has a page under an alternate name.

Usually it's best to search under the scientific name, but even that can vary depending on which naming system is used. Opus uses Sibley-Monroe classification.

In this case the African Red-eyed Bulbul is known in Opus as the Black-fronted Bulbul both with the same scientific name 'Pycnonotus nigricans' for which a photo is already in place - unless you have a better one. I've added the alternate name to the entry and created a page redirect for the page you created. I've also copied the informtion you added to the existing entry.

For adding a photo have a look on the help page on the Opus home page - Adding a photo to a bird entry - it takes you through it step by step.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back