• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Coolpix P7700 (1 Viewer)

Ok, the use of the term "perfectly well" maybe didn't appeal to everyone. What I mean is that I can cope with some vignetting and simply crop it and have some nice results. I am not prepared to post examples. Reason - I have cropped all images and deleted every single image with vignetting so no real point in posting edited images (all the originals are binned). Anyway, I love the CP7100 and CP7700 because they are so versatile and can be used for digiscoping (even though there is vignetting).

Neil (or anybody else) - can you recommend any good and inexpensive pocket cameras or cameras with short lenses that can be used with e.g. the Swarovski ATX / STX series that DO NOT show any vignetting at the lowers camera magnification (ie. at start-up). Am in the market for something new and two of my local shops have some seriously good offers right now.

-SW-

The Nikon P300 series are good value although you need to zoom camera lens to about 40 mm to remove vignetting. I've used all of them and there are threads on them. You should be able to pick up the previous P330 at a good price but am liking the new P340.
Neil

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back