• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa body armor (1 Viewer)

malcolm64

Greetings All.
Anyone know if the green armor on Kowa 883/4 scopes can be replaced? I had a door fall onto my scope and put a scrape along the entire length of it. I suppose I am thankful the scope survived, but every time I pick it up I wish I could roll the clock back 5 seconds. I did not get any replies from the contact us link on Kowa's site.
thanks, Malcolm

Sorry can't help with your problem.
Good luck getting any reply from Kowa via their websites, I've been trying for 2 weeks with no luck.

Andy

Malcolm,
Hang in there, I had my 883 for less than a year when I slipped on some ice, 883 was on a tripod (with protective cover) which went flying. Impact broke the scope free of tripod. Focus wheel was bent and there was a dent on the side about the size of a nickel. I called Kowa U.S.A. and told them the whole story then packed it in original box and off it went. It was back soon and scope looked and worked like new, besides items mentioned they said they had to remount the prism.
Joe

The tube is magnesium. There is no rubber body armor unless you mean the rubber dew shield.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back