• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds flying into windows (1 Viewer)

TheAKBirding

Ernerculria
Hey all one of my regular little buddies accidentally flew into my sliding glass door :( thankfully they had reduced their speed quite a bit before actually running into it and was able to fly away after the ordeal but I watched it happen as my blinds were completely open and I felt awful, is there anything I can put on my windows to help prevent this? Did it happen because my blinds were wide open? Are there any recommendations so this doesn't happen again? Thank you!

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see some other threads on this topic under 'Similar Threads'

I think problems can occur for a number of reasons but basically the bird doesn't realise the glass is there - windows on both sides of a building can be a problem as can dried grass displays. Putting decals or window stickers such as a bird of prey can help a lot where it happens frequently.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back