• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (45 Viewers)

Sarah there is a small peregrine knocking around . Saw it in December and from a distance it's small size and narrow pointed wings did initially make it look like a hobby:t:

The only recording tool I use because it adds to the records for the BTO atlas and generally informs about bird population trends. It also gives you funky graphs and stats for your own records which some people like apparently ;);)

I think we should all use Bird track. But having to post on here, twitter and make my own meticulous notes I just haven't got time, but I will make an effort this year:t:.

WORK PARTIES TUESDAY and SUNDAY THIS WEEK

Tomorrow the Tuesday work parties resume after the Christmas break. Meet at Moors car park 9am.

Sunday at Flashes meet at car park 9.30ish.:t:

Monday 4th January 0845-1200

MOORS POOL
1 Great White Egret, 1+ Little Egret, 1 Grey Heron, 21 Cormorant, 1 Lapwing, 9 Curlew, 4 Mute Swan, 1 Greylag Goose, 34 Canada Geese, 20 Shoveler, 30 Teal, 1 Shelduck, 31 Tufted Duck, 34 Pochard (25m+9f), 2 Little Grebe, 2 GC Grebe, 285 Coot, 13 Moorhen, Water Rail, Cetti's Warbler, Green Woodpecker, GS Woodpecker, Lesser Redpoll, Siskin

SAILING POOL
1 Cormorant, 1 Little Grebe, 11 GC Grebe, 17 Tufted Duck, 7 Coot

FLASHES
1 Redshank, 4 Snipe, 565+ Lapwing, 10 Curlew, 66 Teal, 2 Wigeon (m+f), 20 Moorhen, 5 Coot, Raven, c15 Linnet, Grey Wagtail, Buzzard, Sparrowhawk

The only recording tool I use because it adds to the records for the BTO atlas and generally informs about bird population trends. It also gives you funky graphs and stats for your own records which some people like apparently ;);)

For those using BirdTrack could you just ensure that you are quoting the correct OS grid refs for the reserve - SO9367 for the Moors Pool and SO9366 for the Flashes - as a number of entries have been misattributed in recent years. It would also be handy to state if entries cover just one side of the reserve or a combination of the Flashes and Moors.

Last edited:
MOORS POOL
1 Great White Egret, 1+ Little Egret, 1 Grey Heron, 21 Cormorant, 1 Lapwing, 9 Curlew, 4 Mute Swan, 1 Greylag Goose, 34 Canada Geese, 20 Shoveler, 30 Teal, 1 Shelduck, 31 Tufted Duck, 34 Pochard (25m+9f), 2 Little Grebe, 2 GC Grebe, 285 Coot, 13 Moorhen, Water Rail, Cetti's Warbler, Green Woodpecker, GS Woodpecker, Lesser Redpoll, Siskin

SAILING POOL
1 Cormorant, 1 Little Grebe, 11 GC Grebe, 17 Tufted Duck, 7 Coot

FLASHES
1 Redshank, 4 Snipe, 565+ Lapwing, 10 Curlew, 66 Teal, 2 Wigeon (m+f), 20 Moorhen, 5 Coot, Raven, c15 Linnet, Grey Wagtail, Buzzard, Sparrowhawk
A Skylark flew over the Flashes around noon.

I think we should all use Bird track. But having to post on here, twitter and make my own meticulous notes I just haven't got time, but I will make an effort this year:t:.

I've just registered with Birdtrack. Not before time, I met Nick Moran on Fair Isle last year and he was so enthusiastic about how useful it is for furthering bird conservation.

Away from that, thanks to Phil Andrews for his help with new birds gen for my year list which now stands at 79. Grey phalarope yesterday at Slimbridge.

If anyone is interested in following me (or sponsoring me!) then please have a look at my blog or facebook page. - Biking Birder 2016 - the quest for 300.

http://bikingbirder2016.blogspot.co.uk/ :t:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back