• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone try the F-Adapter? (1 Viewer)

I have recently purchased the large F Adapter for use with my Opticron DSL 16-48X eyepiece and Canon A95. Early days but promising results so far. The adapter appears to be good value for money.

I tried one with a Nikon 4300 and an old Mirador scope and it works well enough for the money. Setting the screws up is a little fiddly but it's fairly well engineered.

I bought the adapter because it had a 52mm thread making it ideal to connect to my Fuji S20pro but sadly the camera is no good for digiscope the sensor goes bonkers on it.
So I bought a secondhand nikon 995 and used a 52/28mm adapter ring.
Like Richard states its good value for money the only downside is the thumb screws are fiddly but once its connected up and aligned you dont have to touch it again.
Would recomend either putting a blob of paint or scratch one of thumb screws saves realigning just use the screw uve marked when connecting and unconnecting from the scope.

OK for use with ATS zoom?

As I'm about to get a CP 995 to use on a swaro ats zoom does anyone know if it will slip over the rubber eyecup without having to remove the eyecup first?

Richard D said:
You'll need a stepping ring for your Canon (for my Nikon it's a 52mm (adaptor)-28mm(camera thread) ring).

Eh.... i already ordered one without the steping ring... ASHIIIIZZE
I don't know the size i need for my canon, :(
Looks like no time for it anyway, i leave on the 23rd.
Does someone know the size stepping ring i need for my Canon A75?

Last edited:
No

dipped said:
As I'm about to get a CP 995 to use on a swaro ats zoom does anyone know if it will slip over the rubber eyecup without having to remove the eyecup first?

This is where I reply to my own question.

It won't work as only goes to 55mm dia. ats zoom needs 58mm approx.

2aperegrine said:
Here is a site with about everything one needs for digiscoping, or at least gives a lot of info.

http://scopetronix.com/

http://scopetronix.com/digiscoping.htm

Anyone try that MaxView S? Looks good but its a bit pricy, wouldn't be to bad but they want 60 bucks for a little plastic hoop for your camera...

Found what i need for the F-adapter through the seller sent me this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7530413547&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Hope it all comes in time and more importantly i figure it out and don't rip the threads!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back