• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Zeiss Thermal DTI 3/35 (1 Viewer)

:-D Way above this working man's budget!!

Took a look at the specs -- fantastic product. Comes with own app!! *LOL* Now, if I can only afford it - and not needing to try strange cabling hacks. ;-)

At £2650 it is a bit pricey but a lot less than similar products would have been a few years ago.

Well it's pricey indeed. Especially when looking at it's specs. 384 x 288 sensor resolution in a large housing with a tiny LCOS Display inside is way apart from being innovative.

Those specs were offered Years ago and compareable models are sold from 1.000 to 1.800,- EUR new (Flir, Kite, Keiler and many others).

Newer technology (half-the-size-body, OLED-display etc) are sold from 1.200 to 2.000,- EUR today (compare the Pulsar Axion series, models Axion XM22 and the latest Axion XQ38).

Cheers!

At this price level I would only go with Steiner. Stuff that was good enough for my wife in AF is going to be good enough for watching birds and beasts at night in TX.

This Hikvison unit is basically the same sped as the Zeiss unit and a lot less.

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p133957-hik-vision-vulkan-smart-35mm-384x288-thermal-imager-hikvul35/

The 640x512 pixel Hikvison is only a tad more than the Zeiss.

At this price level I would only go with Steiner.

The only Steiner unit I could find is this

https://www.steiner-optics.com/thermal-optics/cinder

Which has lower magnification, lower resolution and is nearly twice the price of the Zeiss, let alone the Hikvison.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back