• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any opinions about Fuji S2000 HD? (1 Viewer)

Hi Cristian
Not much info about this camera, but from the specs it doesn't seem to be that promising (IQ wise).

I guess Fuji simply added more features (HD especially) to an already established product line of superzoom cameras (like S8100, S1000, etc).
So they're probably comparable as far as IQ goes.

They lack the Super CCD sensor that Fuji are renowned for. It's a 1/2.3" model (same size as most compacts) which is pretty bad as soon as you increase the ISO. The pixel density is enormous (35 MP/cm²) and I seriously doubt we'll be able to see good performance from this kind of sensors any time soon (maybe black silicon technology will make a difference, but that's far away into the future)

I guess the only superzoom on the market with usable high ISO remains Fuji's S100fs. But that one is not exactly a good value camera, and too close in price to a DSLR (for it's own good)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back