• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

fz28 zoom lever. (1 Viewer)

jacqui2

jacqui
Hi, finances have, Im afraid, dictated that I am selling my dslr (olympus e410) and going back to my panasonic fz28 for a while, the zoom lever is quite stiff on it due to my daughter having it in her handbag along with some after eights! need I say more! anyway it is fine apart from a slightly stiff zoom leaver which I can live with. I have managed to clean it up and it is a lot better now, but wondered if anyone knows if it could be removed for proper cleaning? also as I am into bird photography does anyone know of a good teleconverter for this camera? seen some great photos on the gallery taken with this camera so I am quite keen to give it a try, thanks, jacqui.

If you have not discovered it yet, there is a setting in the menu to start up at the same zoom level as used last time. That saves a lot of hazzle if you mainly take bird photos (= max zoom).

Search this forum for earlier threads on tele converters (TCON17)

Niels

I use the panasonic dmwlt55 1.7 convertor +dmwla3 adapter rather than the olympus one which seems popular. I'm very happy with it!

fz28 fine again now :) my clever hubby has sorted it! now just looking for a teleconverter for it, been offered a panasonic lt55 with adapter for £69 + postage, seems a good deal? any more opinions on the best one? thanks, jacqui

fz28 fine again now :) my clever hubby has sorted it! now just looking for a teleconverter for it, been offered a panasonic lt55 with adapter for £69 + postage, seems a good deal? any more opinions on the best one? thanks, jacqui

Hi Jacqui
That's the teleconverter that I used with my FZ8. I thought it was superb. Images were clear and sharp - definitely no complaints and worth the money. An invaluable piece of kit.
Good luck
Hobbes

Hi Hobbes, just looked at your gallery, some great shots there! it says tcon 17 teleconverter though, the one Ive been offered is the panasonic lt55, do you think there may be a big difference? thanks, jacqui.

Hi Hobbes, just looked at your gallery, some great shots there! it says tcon 17 teleconverter though, the one Ive been offered is the panasonic lt55, do you think there may be a big difference? thanks, jacqui.

Hi Jacqui
It's the same thing. I think Chris(Kten) and I ended up shortening "Panasonic DMW-LT55E 1.7" to "TCON17" meaning "teleconverter 1.7x". Sorry to have confused you |=)|. So, yes, I bought and used the DMW-LT55E.
Hobbes

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back