• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Des's Doodlings (1 Viewer)

Great companions to have around and b100dy heartbreaking when we lose them. This is a very lovely portrait and it will be gratefully received and cherished - no doubt.

I thought I'd post a work in progress of a watery scene with a Grey Wagtail. Loads to do yet but I don't think I'll get anything done on it this week due to other stuff, and then off to Spain for a fortnight, so looks like a 2009 finish for this one.

Attachments

• Web_SNV30346.JPG
    Web_SNV30346.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 51
  • Web_SNV30349_1.JPG
    Web_SNV30349_1.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 51
ah, so this is where the glaze comes in - looking very good already, have a good trip and don't forget to finish it when you get back!

I managed another session on this to get it finished before my trip. Not sure how well it's worked overall, but it was a good lesson for me anyway!

Attachments

• Web_SNV30356_1.JPG
    Web_SNV30356_1.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 65
This as worked very well indeed, the only major downside is it looks exactly like the grey wagtails on the river that I see at work, but I suppose it's the nicest aspect of being at work. Lovely pic

Thanks all for the kind comments, and also for the tips on glazing on the other thread.

I'll definitely keep working on it, I've got an idea for a slate bedded stream complete with dipper etc that that would be worth experimenting with blue glazes I reckon.

Firstly though, since Beth the labrador went down a storm, I've got another (unpaid!) commission for a Blue-fronted Parrot. Much safer ground than the dog I suppose!

First painting for ages, but found time for this in acrylic over the weekend.

Attachments

• Web_SNV30366_1.JPG
    Web_SNV30366_1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 69
This is great Des - I love the simplified approach to the emergent reeds, really well seen. THe female is a beautiful, graceful shape which, by moving away at the 3/4 angle, opens up a nice passage of depth to the painting.
Fabulous image!

There's a great strength in the simplicity of this Des that gives it a wonderful atmosphere. Bl**dy cold though!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back