• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Relaxed birding in Morocco? (1 Viewer)

Wolf Beam

I will do some birding in southern/central Morocco during the first two weeks of December. The first week I will rent a car but the second week I´d like to take it easy. I have a few guidebooks but cannot find that special place I´m looking for;

A relaxed and small place where I can take birdwatching hikes during the days (or perhaps rent a bike). The birding does not have to be exceptional but ok, the atmosphere is more important. A place where I can have a good meal at night and a bed at a nice place.

Any ideas?

Ulf Bjelke

Last edited:
Wolf Beam said:
Thanks
An informative thread.

/Ulf

Whats up with the world these days?

It seems no-one's willing to wait any more for anything - no wonder we're all stressed out and in permanent need of holidays!

As for Morocco - why not take a look on Birdtours for various trip reports as that should give some ideas?

I fancied basing myself in Taroudannt - good access all round to the Oued Sous for good birding.

Agadirs another option but I didn't like the fact it been rebuilt and not traditional Morocco - maybe worth a fe days as its got great access to wetland/estuaries but not somewhere I'd want to spend too much time.

Last edited:
Alan G said:
Whats up with the world these days?

It seems no-one's willing to wait any more for anything - no wonder we're all stressed out and in permanent need of holidays!

Hi Alan, think Ulf was referring to the link given in the second posts rather than any lack of info to date on this one! ;)

Have a good trip Ulf

Yeah, I tried to thank Delia for showing that other thread.

But thanks to Alan too. I will read a little more about Taroudannt.

Lonely Planets Morocco guide book mentions Tafraoute (a small village in the Anti Atlas) as a good place to stay a couple of days to hike in the surroundings. It does not say anything about birding, however. Has anyone on bird forum been birding around Tafraoute?

deborah4 said:
Hi Alan, think Ulf was referring to the link given in the second posts rather than any lack of info to date on this one! ;)

Have a good trip Ulf

Oops, sorry - I missed the link.....that'll teach me not to respond to a posting while busy on another forum!.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back