• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica 62 scope lens cap lost. (1 Viewer)

senatore

I knew it was going to happen sometime and it did yesterday I lost the lens cap (the 62 end) of my scope.It had fell off before a few times but I allways found it but yesterday I failed.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement as I am afraid dealers will not stock them.

Max.

Have you tried Jessops? Found these 62mm caps listed on their website. Worth a look just in case they will fit - maybe cheaper than Leica too! Jessops also list lens cap retainers.

JESCLC62 JESSOPS CLIP LENS CAP 62mm £3.79

HOYCLC62 HOYA CLIP ON LENS CAP 62mm £3.99

Good luck!

It's probaly worth trying Jessops as suggested as I'm sure they'll be cheaper than buying an official Leica one.

That said if I were you I'd buy a stay on case for the scope and not worry about replacing the lens cap.

mr1967 said:
Have you tried Jessops? Found these 62mm caps listed on their website. Worth a look just in case they will fit - maybe cheaper than Leica too! Jessops also list lens cap retainers.

JESCLC62 JESSOPS CLIP LENS CAP 62mm £3.79

HOYCLC62 HOYA CLIP ON LENS CAP 62mm £3.99

Good luck!
Hi,
Got the Jessops one at the Birdfair and it is very good far better than the Leica one which is £7.50.

Max.

senatore said:
I knew it was going to happen sometime and it did yesterday I lost the lens cap (the 62 end) of my scope.It had fell off before a few times but I allways found it but yesterday I failed.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement as I am afraid dealers will not stock them.

Max.

why not try leica,or a leica dealer.i recently had to provide my secondhand trinovids with a new rainguard.the very nice chap at norwich viking optical centre gave me one from a new pair out of the box rather than order one which may have taken a week or two.always worth asking.matt

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back