• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NOISE REMOVER (FREE) Picture Cooler (1 Viewer)

Pic Cooler ( Silk Purses From Sows Ears!)

NIKONROB said:
Below is a strange looking person, going under the birdforum user name of BRIMO, caught hiding in the bushes "doing a bit of birding" (not sure what sort) deep in thought, and his lorry parked near by to carry all his clicking kit that he owns, get a load of that 20D and the flash looking white L series lens, he might have good kit but he's got hardly no hair, (LOL) ;)

The second picture has been put through Picture Cooler, lightly sharpened, and lightly cropped only.

I have now tried Picture cooler on several photo's with good results.

This picture was taken with a Canon 20D and a 75 300 USM 111 lens, I can't afford the kit that Brimo has, or the lorry to carry it all in, but I have just bought from Jessops a 50mm 1.8 11 prime for £65 and it is fantastic, but not much use for birding, Oh well maybe one day.

PIC COOLER IS GOOD you can improve nearly all your pics with a little tweak WELL ALMOST! .See the two pics of Nikon Rob trying to negotiate a fence to get a pic of a lesser spotted woodpecker!
Needless to say he did not quite manage it, although that may have had something to with him going to the pub before going birding!

It was good job he was not driving his lorry at the time, and believe me his lorry is BIG.

Anyway If you have not tried Pic Cooler do so: Pic Cooler is truly excellent for deblurring your pics but not your brains! as the attatched pictures show.

Attachments

• UNFILTERED NIKON ROB.jpg
    UNFILTERED NIKON ROB.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 458
  • filtered_NIKON ROB.JPG
    filtered_NIKON ROB.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
I agree. Picture Cooler is a very useful program. It really cleans up noise and seems simple to use.
Thanks for the tip whoever first mentioned the program.

More than a denoiser.

Picture Cooler is more than a denoiser.
1 denoise
2 refocus no noise no halo added
3 noisy pixel removal.
4 deconvolve sharping
5 deconvolve camera shake removal

Ronniex

ronniex said:
Picture Cooler is more than a denoiser.
1 denoise
2 refocus no noise no halo added
3 noisy pixel removal.
4 deconvolve sharping
5 deconvolve camera shake removal

Ronniex

Glad you found the site Ronniex

Ronnie,

We all look forward to you next release. What have you changed to make the next release 'much better'?

:t: :t: :t: :t: (4 thumbs up from me!)

Cheers

Jeff

Can someone help me?

Hi everyone, I just downloaded Picture Cooler and it looks a very good denoiser, but I got a problem, I can't save the files after the edition on the program, I don't get any type option to save the image only the underline simbol ( _ ), Can someone help me? Thanks.

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 151
I haven't used it for a while but I seem to remember coming up on something like this problem and just clicking on save and it saved the image anyway, I shall go and test it.

Mick

Just tested it and it comes up like you showed in your pic, just click save and it works fine, I think the problem is that when you go to save the file you select the type before you get to the panel with the save button, hope that makes sense.

Mick

Yes, you just need to save it as it is and the filtered copy is saved with the original filename preceeded by 'filtered'. You do need to select the folder to save it too, unless you want to use the default one from last time the program saved a file.

NIKONROB said:
I was looking around various forums for Neat Image noise remover and came across Picture Cooler, it is at the moment FREE, and a full program, this is a lifetime program and you won't be charged later.

I have tried it and I must say it works very well, and almost idiot proof to use, I have since read on other forums that lots of other people are getting simular good results, all I can say is get in quick before you start getting charged for this program, it is only 660kb to download, I am sure you will like the results, and it costs nothing to try.

LINK to site http://denoiser.shorturl.com/ :t:

Rob
Thank you i downloaded it and you know all my pics are really bad-and lo presto they do look much better.NIKONROB you are life saver-at least the people in birdforum will look at my pics now.(ah). 3:) .

NIKONROB said:
I was looking around various forums for Neat Image noise remover and came across Picture Cooler, it is at the moment FREE, and a full program, this is a lifetime program and you won't be charged later.

I have tried it and I must say it works very well, and almost idiot proof to use, I have since read on other forums that lots of other people are getting simular good results, all I can say is get in quick before you start getting charged for this program, it is only 660kb to download, I am sure you will like the results, and it costs nothing to try.

Rob

It costs $15 to get a registration key now, if you post something on a forum about this program and add the link to http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
$25 if you don't post a forum comment.

I guess this counts as my post about the program. It seems to be a popular tool.

Duncan.

Picture cooler plugin alternative

Picture cooler can now be accessed in on click from photoshop

with the picture loaded.

in the Photoshop (upper of screen) Window\Actions --> goto upper right of the action Palette

Click on the little arrow and Click load action and go in the browser window to

C:\program files\Picture cooler\Cooler XP.atn and Click on it

Action is loaded now.

In Photoshop Click the F12 function key

Picture cooler has popped up with the file loaded 8 or 16 bit

Click on the back to Photoshop button Photoshop popped up click F11 function key

No quality loss 8 or 16 bit no compression

Ronnie.

Last edited:
Picture Cooler

NIKONROB said:

Rob

Thanks for the info on this program Rob. It certainly works very well and as far as I am concerned is very user-friendly.

Roy

NIKONROB said:

Rob

Hi it is improved a lot. version 2.27
It is now more or less a complete editing program.
Denoise (one of the best)
adjustements (contast brghtness color etc)
Deconvolution sharpen.
Cameras shake (experimental)
refocus sharpen
High Pass sharpen (no noise added little halos added)
And More.
Ronnie.

ronniex said:
Hi it is improved a lot. version 2.27
It is now more or less a complete editing program.
Denoise (one of the best)
adjustements (contast brghtness color etc)
Deconvolution sharpen.
Cameras shake (experimental)
refocus sharpen
High Pass sharpen (no noise added little halos added)
And More.
Ronnie.

Thanks for picture cooler it's great. Baz

I've been using the new update for a couple of weeks now (at that price I was more than happy to take the risk of buying it untried, though I'd used the previous version for ages) and I have to say that it's a great improvement on what was already a very good application.

Keith Reeder said:
I've been using the new update for a couple of weeks now (at that price I was more than happy to take the risk of buying it untried, though I'd used the previous version for ages) and I have to say that it's a great improvement on what was already a very good application.

I have also downloaded the new version, the new features work brilliantly so have also bought it, now waiting for the unlock code so I can save with better resolution.

Keith after you paid, I did it online with credit card, how did you receive your code, When I paid it didn't ask for the computer No to get the unlock code.

The email takes a while, Christine - it took over an hour between me receiving my payment confirmation and the email with the unlock code.

Maybe Ronnie has to send this email himself rather than it being automated, but it'll come.

Saphire said:
Keith after you paid, I did it online with credit card, how did you receive your code, When I paid it didn't ask for the computer No to get the unlock code.

Do you have the code now ?
some times the credit card company is slow
to report it to me (the author of Picture Cooler)
Pleas send a e-mail to me the e-mail address is in Picture Cooler.
Ronnie.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back