• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panama - Boquete: juvenile Thrush sp.? (1 Viewer)

Mario-F

Dear users,

this picture was made in Boquete (Panama) at August 19th 2018.

I´m pretty sure that this is a juvenile thrush, but I can´t find anything similar...
Can anyone ID the species?

Thanks in advance!
Mario

Attachments

• DSC08879 Thrush sp._19-08-18_Boquete Panama.jpg
    DSC08879 Thrush sp._19-08-18_Boquete Panama.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 105
Wow, this seems to become a very interesting case! :)
Thank you all for your opinions so far!

I´m still not pretty sure, what the right solution is. White-necked Thrush looks very promising but would be quite out of range...

Any more opinions on this juvenile?

Wow, this seems to become a very interesting case! :)
Thank you all for your opinions so far!

I´m still not pretty sure, what the right solution is. White-necked Thrush looks very promising but would be quite out of range...

Any more opinions on this juvenile?

By "white-necked" we're talking about the thrushes which are split as "white-throated" (assimilis) according to some taxonomic treatments. So very much in range...

Thank you very much for the further informations! :) Now i get it!
So, I will put it down as probable White-throated Thrush juvenile...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back