• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotting scopes and Astronomy eyepieces (1 Viewer)

Mark you just need to measure the diameter of the glass at the bottom of the eyepiece holder. As long as you pick an eyepiece shorter than 20mm focal length in the 1.25" barrel size you should not have much vigetting if any.

saw an adapter other day that allows you to use zeiss ep in standard fitting scopes, ie converts it to a 1.25" ep. for the meagre price of $170! I wont be rushing to buy that!

I doubt zeiss ep surpass other genrally available astro eps?(lanthanum lvl eps i mean) Unless the zoom has a particularly widefield?

A 2" astro eyepiece is BIG.
Think about it 2" = 50mm, so the fitting is the size of biggish binocular objectives. Then the EP body is bigger still.

I have one for a WO Megrez 90.

If you are thinking of astro EP's stick to 1.25 ones, there is a big range of them.

Hi everyone, im just wondering if any of you know if kowa did or do an adapter to fit astro eyepieces on to a tsn 824?

I have the same scope and wondered if the Baader zoom could be made to work on it.

AFAIK Kowa never made an astro adapter for it.

THis site has some info which shows one way of adapting some takahashi eyepieces to an 823 kowa. Need to translate from French to English though.

interesting, that adapter looks like the one which allows you to use the kowa screw thread eyepieces on the bayonet mount, but i doubt its the same 1.

From Birdnet Optics I believe it is the "Adapter to fit 66 Series eyepieces to 82 Series Scopes". The 66 series eyepieces are a bayonet fit I'm pretty sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back