• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski SLC 7x42 v Zeiss Dialyt T* P 7x42 (1 Viewer)

Jinty85

Has anyone compared the image of these binoculars? The Swarovski is the 1990s pre-Swarobright. I know all about the handling etc it's purely the image quality I'm interested in.

SLC 7x42 v Dialyt T* P 7x42

Has anyone compared the image of these binoculars?

Hi Jinty,

Not precisely the comparison you requested; I have a Swarobright SLC 7x42 NEU and a Dialyt 7x42 T*P*. Hard to choose between them; they're both wonderful binos, in my opinion. The Dialyt has a larger true field, 150m vs 140, but to my eyes the SLC has a larger sweet spot. I can be happy with either one, and I wouldn't sell one just to get the other. I hope this helps.

John

Has anyone compared the image of these binoculars? The Swarovski is the 1990s pre-Swarobright. I know all about the handling etc it's purely the image quality I'm interested in.

I compared them extensively back when they were both current models. I much preferred the Zeiss for its nearly color neutral view compared to the strong yellow-orange cast of the Swarovski (pre-Swarobright). The Zeiss also has a wider FOV.

--AP

This is and answer to not exactly your question... I have the Dialyt 7x42 T*P. It's a nice view and looks very clear. But I find it's long size a bit bulky for me to carry. I also have the Nikon EDG II 7x42, and I think I prefer them over the Dialyt. I need a bit more time with the nikon before I sell the Dialyt, but that's how I'm leaning. They are more compact and easier for me to use. They are 140m @ 1000m (8* actual).

Marc

I had have Swaro slc 7x42 pre Swarobright and Zeiss 7x42 BGA T * non P . At 3 km i saw a person climbing an mountain . With Zeiss i could n tell if the person was woman or man. With Swaro was pretty clear : was an woman ! I hope thise help .

I had have Swaro slc 7x42 pre Swarobright and Zeiss 7x42 BGA T * non P . At 3 km i saw a person climbing an mountain . With Zeiss i could n tell if the person was woman or man. With Swaro was pretty clear : was an woman ! I hope thise help .
If your Swaro has the phase coatings your Zeiss lacks, that could be the difference right there. As someone said above, the BGAT*P model compares well. I don't like to use roof prisms without phase coatings myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back