• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vintage Russian Poros (1 Viewer)

Cluster

I have a pair of Russian Poros in 8x30. These are labelled in a Russian character set that looks like БПЦ4.
They are very well made and have coated lenses. They have a nice wide FOV and a reasonably sized sweet spot with surprisingly sharp detail within that spot. The view is a little dim and is strongly green tinted.

The tint is quite objectionable, but otherwise they are nice. I wondered if any knew if the tint and performance of later models (6nu5, 6nu6 etc) had improved any?

Dave..

I have not used KOMZ 7x30 so I can not say anything about it. However I have two pairs of Polish PZO 6x30. The first one is older and has no antireflection coatings at all and gives natural color rendition. The younger model has single layer MgF2 coatings and gives strong yellow hue.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back