• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North London Birding (1 Viewer)

MK90

Always learning
Having lived in SW London nearly my entire life (minus a year or so in East London) I am about to move to North London - Seven Sisters to be exact.

Through my trips to the area to view flats and looking through posts on the London Bird Club Wiki page I have concluded that Walthamstow Marshes would probably become my new local patch.

Does anyone who knows the area have any other locations/tips/suggestions for me?

It would depend on how mobile you are. If you drive then you have the whole of the Lea Valley to explore. If not then Walthamstow marshes will be your local patch. It's a large area to cover though so there should be enough there to keep you happy.

If you want to see more of the Lea Valley by public transport then trains from Tottenham Hale run up to stations such as St Margarets and Rye House which are very close to Amwell nature reserve and RSPB Rye Meads.

Thanks Digbert. I've visited Rye Meads a few times and am looking forward to being a short train journey away.

Unfortunately, i dont have a car so i'll only be able to bird places that i can get to by bus/train/bike

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back