• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon RAIII WP 80mm Spotting Scope three years on (1 Viewer)

trw

I bought this scope three years ago from Wilkinsons of Kendal.
It came complete with a 25x eyepiece and a cover.
The cost?-a princely £250 all in!
I tried it out at the shop and it seemed to be remarkably powerful and clear.
Not even looking at any reviews I just went ahead a bought it.
To be honest I thought it would be a stop-gap before I purchased a more expensive scope.
Three years on it is still serving me well.
I was watching a Marsh Harrier at Foulshaw Moss today, at least half a mile distant.It still did the trick!
It has been with me on trips around the world,on cruise ships and locally watching distant Morecambe Bay waders.
It has never let me down and works as well now as it did three years ago.
One of my better purchases!

Last edited:
It is good to see you are pleased with your Nikon scope. I also like the Nikon
Fieldscopes, they meet all my needs to a high degree.

Jerry

It is good to see you are pleased with your Nikon scope. I also like the Nikon
Fieldscopes, they meet all my needs to a high degree.

Jerry
What amazes me is that it has no special extra features like tinted glass or being nitrogen filled yet is still up to the job.I was watching some sea birds at maximum distance today and I could still pick up key features.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back