• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Android tablet to TV (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
Has anyone here tried connecting a tablet (Android) to a big screen TV via HDMI. How is the picture quality and sound, are there any pitfalls?
I am particularity interested in BT sport which I can receive on my PC, also social media sites.

I used to connect with cables but just use google cromecast now, brill IF you have a good internet connection, which I do not have unfortunately. But still ok for streaming footie and films

I have connected my HUDL to the TV with mini HDMI and the picture and sound were excellent.
That's interesting Mal :t:, did you connect via the micro HDMI port? If so how long a lead did you use.
I have just picked up a HUDL 2 but not yet decided if I will connect to the TV wired or wireless (something like the Google Cromecast as 'Punta' suggested). I am not sure of the pros and cons of each method.

Last edited:
I connected my Kindle HD to my TV via a short lead 10 inches or thereabouts and it was fine. Sadly the new HDX has no HDMI only wireless which costs money and Ive not bothered with. There's progress for you!
Russ

Roy,

I have the use of two Android tablets (7in and 10.1in) both of which connect to my 40in HDTV via a mini HDMI port. The playback of both picture and sound is excellent showing no loss in quality. I use a 3 metre lead to allow me to sit and view in comfort.

Mike

Roy,

I have the use of two Android tablets (7in and 10.1in) both of which connect to my 40in HDTV via a mini HDMI port. The playback of both picture and sound is excellent showing no loss in quality. I use a 3 metre lead to allow me to sit and view in comfort.

Mike
That's good to hear Mike :t: I have a 3 metre one on order.

Just an up-date, I have now tried streaming the BT sports app from the Hudl 2 to the big screen (via a £2.95 cable) and it works fantastic, really high quality HD pictures. Looking forward to the live Rugby this evening!! Thanks to everyone for the advice.

looking around Curry's this morning and saw they had the Google Chromecast for £18, seemed a good price so picked one up. Easy to set-up and works well.

Yes, chromecast is excellent.. Youtube, netflix, iplayer, and Tunein radio, all with your android device as the remote control, and the tv streaming the output. Gets a lot of use in our house.

Yes, chromecast is excellent.. Youtube, netflix, iplayer, and Tunein radio, all with your android device as the remote control, and the tv streaming the output. Gets a lot of use in our house.
I must admit I already have a smart TV (Panasonic) which gives me the likes of utube,netflix and iplayer but wanted the Chromecast primary for BT sports.
I watched the footy earlier on via Chromecast and although it worked OK it did not seem quite as staple as the wired connection (via mini HDMI to HDMI). Could well have been my broadband throwing slight wobbles! What I do like about the Chromecast is that you can move it to different Tv's.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back