• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Home sweet Home. (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
Arrived back home late friday evening, after a very hot 5 days in scarborough. I had forgot what a beautiful coastline this was. I will have to admit that i did not get in as much birding as i would have liked, mostly due to very hot weather. And being a bit lazy, so will give a run down on what i saw overall.
ALL these sightings from coach on the way in to scarborough, on the A64.

1.dozens of swifts hawking.

2. crows rooks.

3. 4 kestrels.

4. on the last mile or two there were 2 common Buzzards.

Scarborough harbour.

Gulls gulls and more gulls, in all stages of moult. Herring , lesser black backed, but not one black-headed gull?

Early morning, seafront across from hotel, 2 cormorants, loads of lesser black backed gulls, herring gulls still no black headed.

Found a few old buildings with nesting kittiwake's all around the ledges 1 young in each nest, now that was a lovely sighting. It was next to the grand hotel, a place called mcbean-steps.

Made a trip to Bridlington, but for the day the mist-fog just did not lift. so did not get chance to see any of the waders geoff had told me about, maybe next time eh. so had fun trying to id the huge amount of gulls.

So all in all it was a great 5 days enjoyed by us both, so it cant have been to bad eh, and boy was it hot!! still nice to be home.
bert.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back