• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help me in choosing web hosting (1 Viewer)

0xyGen

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

I have my site hosted by LunarPages.
It costs $6:55 per month, but I believe they currently have a special offer on at the moment, for $4:95 per month is you take 2 years hosting.

I have found them to be reliable and their support is very helpful.

We get the basic hosting plan and have 1,500 gig of storage and 15,000 gig a month of bandwidth.

Don`t believe anyone who says it`s unlimited. There`s no such thing as a free lunch lol.

Check it out and see what you think.

Regards Howard.

I have just got a site from servage.net £4.50 a month but i nget 510gig web space and 5010gig a month transfer usage which i think is amazing check them out.If you refer people you get extra space as well.

my current host (bluehost.com) ..........I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..

There must be some kind of mixup with them. I use bluehost and I get over 50gb at $6.95 month. That includes 1,000gb of bandwidth.

Anyway, is it possible your site is running a lot of scripts, as this may be their problem? Certainly 200 visitors and 1.5gb shouldn't be a problem. If you think it may be scripts, there is a place on your c-panel (Process manager I think) where you can check on it.

Another possibility is that you might be able to get a dedicated server service at a reasonable price from them. I know they provide it as I checked for a project I was working on.

I'm not trying to be their salesman, I just know how much of a pain it is to move.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back